Re: [squid-users] Problem to search in amazon

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 12:50:04 -0500

Victor Jose Hernandez Gomez wrote:
>>You certainly don't need --enable-time-hack. You probably don't
>>need
>>--enable-truncate either.
>

> Ok, I will reread readmes and squid.conf and will disable truncate and
> time-hack. Do you think my problem is devoted to this particular
> selection? I remember to have carefully revised the election, Surely I
> did not understand the implications to select truncate and time-hack.
>
> Thank you for your help!! :-))

Many problems are attributable to time-hack. I don't think truncate has
any bad side effects, but performance is worse with it under Linux (in
my experience...some Linux filesystems may behave differently). And I
suspect it isn't nearly as well tested as leaving it at the default.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com