[squid-users] SQUID and MRTG

From: Flavio Fonseca <ff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 12:38:41 -0300

Hello all,

   First, lots of thanks to the support team. The problem I was having
with squid and iptables transparent proxy freezing the computer was solved
with kernel and iptables upgrade to latest release.

   Now a new question: I noticed that squid MIB has cacheClientHTTPKb and
cacleClientHTTPHits "field". but when I try to access it thru MRTG I got
this error:

Array found where operator expected at (eval 6) line 1, at end of line
ERROR: Target[10.0.3.1-inout] eval warning: syntax error at (eval 6) line
1, near "public@localhost"
Global symbol "@localhost" requires explicit package name at (eval 6) line 1.

   I know that cacheClientHTTPKb is an array... how to use those values???

   I also would like to know what to do in this case: when squid is started
it has not the values for clientes that haven't accessed it yet, how to
configure mrtg to get only the knowns clients and the others clients as the
start to use squid.

   thanks for your attention.

Flávio Fonseca

UFU - Universidade Federal de Uberlândia
DIRPD - Diretoria de Processamento de Dados
55-34-3239-4303