Re: [squid-users] SSL tunneling

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:18:42 +0200

There isn't any STABLE version with SSL, you seem to be using the
Squid-2.5 PRE release.

Your SSL key need to either be unencrypted, or you need to start
Squid with the -N option to allow SSL to ask for the key password.

On Thursday 09 May 2002 10:47, Turgut Kalfaoglu wrote:
> Hi there. I am trying to our Squid (latest stable version) to work
> with SSL. I have created the necessary certificates and configured
> the http_port parameter
> correctly, specifying both the certificate file and its private key
> file properly.
> However, Upon startup, Squid always complains that:
> FATAL: Failed to acquire SSL private key: error 0906406D: PEM
> Routines: DEF_CALLBACK: problems getting password.
>
> Hence it quits at that point. I have the latest SSLEAY installed as
> well, and ' make test' option of it shows that it is installed
> properly?
>
> I am pretty sure I am using the correct key file, but for some
> reason, it is unable to read it.
>
> Help :)
> -turgut
> Turgut Kalfaoglu www.kalfaoglu.com
> EgeNet Internet Servisleri www.egenet.com.tr

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/producs/