[squid-users] Proxy on Firewall...

From: <bebad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:57:34 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

i use a Suse Linux 7.0 Distribution with a 2.2 Kernel. My Firewall is
configured with ipchains.
I installed the latest version of the Squid Proxy and it works - until i
activate the firewall rule:
ipchains -P input DENY

Even if i try to open some ports like 3128, 8080, 80, 21, 1047, 1066 and so
on, users behind the firewall can't use the proxy for surfing anymore.
I used the iptraf program and saw that the proxy tried something on
different ports (starting at 1074). So i opened this port. It works, now the user
behind the firewall could achieve the requested url. But the next time the user
request an url, the proxy tried to use port 1075 for something (still what?
dns resolving??) and this port is still closed... How can i tell Squid just to
use definite ports???
I don't have a dnsserver running on that machine, because i use the
dnsserver of my isp...

I would be glad for any help...

Best regards
a frustated Linux neewbie :-((