[squid-users] Decaching squid servers against an ip pool.

From: Techie Tychie <tychie77@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:52:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there !

SCENARIO:
I have got 3 squid-cache servers and 3 collocation
cache-servers in my lan environment.These servers
all-together feed my dialup pool of Ip addresses.Both
categories of servers i.e the squid-proxies and
collocation-cache servers almost host the same number
of web-sites.The squid servers are on different pools
of addresses say P.Q.5.252 , R.S.9.1 and T.W.7.7 .The
collocating servers are on different pool let say
X.y.5.72 to X.Y.5.86 .

REQUIREMENT:
I need to de-cache my squid servers for the
ip-addresses which belong to my squid cache
servers.The need for doing so is to ensure that there
is no duplication of data on the squid-cache servers.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
Now i have got 2 approaches to resolve this issue :
 A) apply IP-Chain rules on the squid servers in which
the source is ANY and the destination is mentioned as
the pool for the collocating servers and the action
is to redirect the request directly to the said
servers so that the request is not fed through the
squid-cache server.

 B) apply the no_cache directive in squid.conf file
along with the refresh_pattern directive for the said
pool of ip addresses.Can this be done ? I have read
before that ONLLY URL based approach can be adopted
when defining the no_cache directive.
Query:
What can be the right step by step approach.

Regards,
Tych.