Re: [squid-users] Puzzled at the ports squid is using. :-(

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:46:12 +0200

On Monday 13 May 2002 13:21, maer727@sohu.com wrote:
> Hi, pals!
>
> IMHO. I think when squid transfers HTTP request and receives HTTP
> response, squid will only use port 80 and no other ports are using
> when doing the above two tasks. Am I correct?

The local port number is dynamically assigned.

The remote port number depends on the URL. If it is a
http://server/filename URL (without :portnumber) then the port will
be 80 yes. If the URL specifies the port number then the port will be
the specified port, or if the protocol is anything else than http://
then the ports for the requested protocol applies.

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/