Re: [squid-users] resolving local websites

From: <christian.schoeniger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:39:24 +0200

you could set up the browser to use automatic proxy configuration.
so you can change the configuration on a central web server.

see http://www.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html
for details.

i use something like:

pxy2 squid/logs# more /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/cgi-bin/pxycfg.pac
#!/bin/bash

echo -e "Content-Type: application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig\r"
echo -e "Cache-control: no-cache\r"
echo -e "Pragma: no-cache\r"
echo -e "Expires: `date -R -u`\r"
echo -e "Date: `date -R -u`\r\n\r"

echo 'function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {
    if (isPlainHostName(host) ||
        dnsDomainIs(host, ".yourdomain") ||
        isInNet(host,"172.16.0.0", "255.255.0.0"))
    {
        return "DIRECT";
    } else {
        return "PROXY 172.16.0.1:3128";
    }
}'

--
Christian Schoeniger, SYSADM         /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign