Re: [squid-users] solution required

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:30:51 +0200

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 06:44, Raja R wrote:

> I have defined 10 virtual IPs for my squid machine and made squid
> listen on all the 10 IPs. I have allowed access through ncsa user
> authentication. What I want is to split this into 10 groups and
> bind each of these groups to each IP.
>
> Suppose A,B, C ...etc are the user groups and X, Y, Z , etc are the
> IPs, I want to allow A only through X , B only through Y and so on.
>
> Can anyone suggest a solution for this ?

See the myip acl type. Matches the IP address where the request was
accepted. Can be combined with the proxy_auth ACL type to match
individual users.

Note: If you are running transparent proxying then myip probably gets
it wrong as the local IP endpoint address then is faked to be the
requested servers IP...

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/