Re: [squid-users] PAM again

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:35:12 +0200

Depends on what you refer to by "system users".

The system needs to know about these users, but they do not need to
be allowed to use any other service than Squid.

PAM is a system for plugging in different password verification
mechanisms into the system logon process.

If you don't want the system to know about these users at all, then
don't use PAM and instead use a direct Squid integration with the
password database in question.

Note: There exists a RADIUS helper to Squid. See "Related software".

Regargs
Henrik

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 09:10, Aleksey Trubin wrote:
> This question is mostly for Henrik...
> Is it possible to use pam_auth module without making the system
> users? I.e. squid can't make authorization with pam_auth if squid
> user (ident) isn'n the system user. But can be a RADIUS problem (I
> use pam_radius.so in pam.conf).
> FreeBSD4.5STABLE
> Squid2.4_9
> XTRadius

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/