[squid-users] Auth

From: Warrick FitzGerald <wfitzgerald@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:52:08 -0400

Hi All,

Im using squid for web side acceleration (Reverse Proxy), and have a
question re: caching and authentication.

If I have 100 users that all need to log in and see a content page called
htttp://MySite.com/MySerectPage.html

1. Client makes request to proxy
2. Proxy makes request back to web server (Note the proxy is not using LDAP
or anyting else here)
3. Web server responds with authentication header
4. Proxy sends that to client
etc ...
Eventually the content is served to the client.

Person 2 then comes along and wants the same URL.

1. Makes the request

Someone please fill in the rest of the steps here ??

Does he recieve a page that the proxy had previously delivered ????

Is it possible to cache a page that requires authentication ???

IF this is possible, please let me know what HTTP hearers the web server
should be responding with in order to achieve this.

Thanks
Warrick FitzGerald