Re: [squid-users] autoconf

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:56:42 +0200

On Thursday 16 May 2002 12:34, Atul Aneja wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have only basic knowledge in linux so sorry for this question.
>
> I checkout a s_2.5 code from CVS and i found there is no configure
> and Makefile.in
>
> When i run autoconf it created configure file but when i look into
> the file i was able to see

You should never need to check out this tree unless you need to take
an active part in the Squid development and create a new development
branch.

Please read what is said at the top of http://devel.squid-cache.org/
before grabbing any CVS versions from there.

If you want to run the latest greatest Squid of any version (2.4, 2.5
or HEAD), the recommended method is to grab a nightly snapshot of the
version you want to run. These snapshots include timestamps clearly
indicating when they vere made, making it easier to track bugs if you
should ever encounter a problem with the version you are runningl.

You could also grab a CVS version from cvs.squid-cache.org for lab
purposes, but please do not run such copies on production servers.

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/