Re: [squid-users] Connection: close

From: Warrick FitzGerald <wfitzgerald@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 19:35:23 -0400

Thanks for the quick response Henrik,

- I don't understand what are the persistent_connections are for then, if
squid is only HTTP/1.0 based at the moment ?

Still my primary problem is trying to cache authenticated content. One
thought I had (hair brain scheme I know) is to use the proxy authentication
features in a reverse proxy environment. I have never worked with squid in
any situation except for reverse so I would just like to see if this is even
an option.

Could I use the "authenticate_program" option to run an external process
which queries the origin server to see if the client should be
authenticated. Does squid send the Realm, username and password to the
external program (Login and Password are obvious, but what about realm ?)

The content I have behind squid is VERY cpu intensive and if there is any
way that I can cache this content and only deliver it to authenticated
clients I would be very happy, and I'm sure my client would be to. (They all
receive identical content but I need to ensure that only authenticated
people can access the content).

Thanks
Warrick FitzGerald