Re: [squid-users] Connection: close

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 03:31:37 +0200

On Monday 20 May 2002 02:59, Warrick FitzGerald wrote:
> Ahh, ok thanks guys I'm starting to see the light :)

Good, not lets hope we can make is shine real bright B)

> The other situation I am then faced with is that these boxes
> accelerate more than one site. I now realize that I can not get the
> realm as such, but is it possible to retrieve the URL that the
> client is requesting .... just because he has access to one of the
> URL's I am acceleration does not mean I want to give him access to
> all.

Yes, ofcourse. Squid bases access controls on any of the following
parameters, in any combination you like:
  * Source IP
  * Destination IP
  * Destination port
  * Requested protocol
  * Requested host (both domain mathes and regex matches)
  * Requested URL-path (regex matches)
  * Requested URL (regex matches)
  * Domain name of the requestor (domain and regex matches)
  * Time of day
  * Request method
  * Referer header (regex)
  * Source network AS number (requires a WAIS AS lookup server)
  * Destination network AS number (requires a WAIS AS lookup server)
  * User Authentication (all authenticated / given list of users /
regex pattern of valid users)
  * Number of connections from the users IP
  * Number of IP addresses used by the authenticated user
  * Request mime type (regex)
  * Response mime type (regex)

More controls is being added in every release.

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/