[squid-users] SquidGuard blocking IP's

From: nico wenborn <nico.wenborn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:56:53 +0100

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out of this one!!

I have configured squid to use squidguard to check the url blacklists for
porn...violence..etc. And when a user accesses a banned site they get
redirected and an entry is written to the log..PERFECT.

However, If a website throws up an IP address (eg, a link may be to an IP
adress and not a url name) SquidGuard rediverts it.....as if it were
banned!!!! The IP is not in any of the banned categories and the request is
written to no logs..

Can anyone shed any light on this?????
Does squid or squidguard have a problem with IP addresses??

Cheers in advance for this one guys
Nico

CAUTION: Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure and could
be intercepted by a third party.

the system manager.