RE: [squid-users] MSNT authentication

From: David Gameau <David.Gameau@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:21:33 +0930

> hello,
> I need basic support from You (if I can of course), could you tell me how you
solved the problem or give me sample conf file
> I have Squid 2.4.6-1 on debian
> Squid was configured with standard debian options, an after that I compiled
MSNT auth manual. I change only those lines in confload.c
> #define CONFIGFILE "/home/squid/etc/msntauth.conf" /* Path to configuration
> #define DENYUSERSDEFAULT "/home/squid/etc/denyusers"
> #define ALLOWUSERSDEFAULT "/home/squid/etc/allowusers"
> after that I moved the msntauth program to /home/squid/etc
> msntauth.conf looks like that:
> server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx BLUEDOMAIN

The format of msntauth.conf is:
        server SERVER1 SERVER2 DOMAIN

where SERVER1 and SERVER2 are the NETBIOS name of your domain controllers.
If they are on a different subnet to your Squid box, you will need to put
short-hostname entries in your /etc/hosts (or similar), so that Squid can find
them.

> denyusers /home/squid/etc/denyusers
> allowusers /home/squid/etc/allowusers
> in allowusers I have
> Marcin mypassword

I believe denyusers and allowusers are both just a list of usernames only.
For ease of testing, leave both of these files initially empty (an empty file
will allow every user).

> I want to test it as it is written in the README, so I execute the msntauth
program
> then I type username password
> Marcin mypassword
> and I get an ERR