Re: [squid-users] Squid does not obey must-revalidate / proxy-revalidate ?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:56:39 -0500

Hi Warrick,

It seems to work fine here. I removed the Content-Location and
Last-Modified header appends you have in your example, but I don't think
that is relevant. Everything else about my test case is the same as
your listed options.

Try enabling mime_hdrs in the access.log to see what is happening with
the request. I'm seeing a response from the origin every time I hit the
page (Not Modified...but it forces authentication when I log in from
another client machine or another browser (that doesn't have auth info
cached).

I may be misreading my logs, but it /does/ appear that the first GET
(the one that requires authentication) always MISSes. This might be
necessary for authentication to work. Subsequent loads of the page on
the other client, however, are always HITs. Sounds about like what you
want.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.