Re: [squid-users] squid problems

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:48:36 +0200

Henry Jesus Lastimosa TSG wrote:

> Hi all,
> Im trying to install Squid 2.4 stable 6 on a RH7.2 distro... here are my
> configurations... 1. i have configured this to work as a transparent proxy
> 2. im using iptables for forwarding
> here are my problems ....
> 1. nothing seems to come up on access.log when accessing the proxy
> server, if i access it directly ... it will show the logs .. but when i
> try to let it work with transparent nothing comes up ... 2. i get an error message when i run ./squid -z with an error in
> replacement_policy LFUDA error .. unrecognized ... in line XXX also with
> replacement_policy LRU 3. my irc clients within my network disconnects when i try to activate
> using transparent proxy for my cache...
>
> can anyone help ?? thanks ...

 Obvious error's, such as during SQUID's startup should
 be eliminated first : make sure that the indicated replacement policy
 is 'configured' in SQUID (that is an option during the configure
 stage in de SQUID's building process).

 Pay attention to the particular syntax of mentioning these replacement
 policies in squid.conf.
 See squid.conf.default for examples.

 As far as 'irc' is concerned, note that SQUID is a http proxy only.

 M.