[squid-users] LDAP authentication to Squid

From: Stephen <sdw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:49:57 +1200

I'm having trouble authenticating squid against our openldap server. The
message I get is "Proxy authentication failed! Do you want to retry?"

Here is the setup with a vanilla squid.conf (fresh install on RedHat
7.3). I'm testing on the "localhost" and so there are no lan acls below.
<snip>
authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -p -R -b
"dc=shine,dc=co,d
c=nz" -f uid=%s 192.168.0.2

acl okuser proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow okuser
<end snip>

I can run the following

./usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -p -R -b "dc=shine,dc=co,d
c=nz" -f uid=%s 192.168.0.2
auser apssword
OK

I've searched the lists, but haven't seen a similar situation, i.e LDAP
authentication is fine, however the proxy server isn't picking it up.

Using redhat 7.3 with Squid 2.4.STABLE6 installed from the rpm. Openldap
is 2.0.23-4 also from the RPM.

(Aside: Thank you Henrik for your expert assistance on the list.

Some assistance as to what to look for now would be much appreciated.

Regards
Stephen