[squid-users] Truncate vs Unlink

From: Ron Vachiyer <proutfoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:49:12 -0400

Hello,

I have been looking to use truncate instead of unlink to see if I can reduce
the load slightly on my caches, however I see in the ./configure that it
recommends against it when using AIO (we are running Linux). This warning
has been around for a while, therefore I wanted to ask it is still valid or
if a recent GLIBC Linux 2.4 machine can run this properly?

Thanks in advance,

Ron