[squid-users] FTP upload thrugh browser

From: Kamalan Govender <kamalang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:03:57 +0200

Hi all. I was asked if it is possible for a web broswer to be used to
upload data to an ftp server. I said no, a ftp program needs to be used,
but is there some way that can be done? Am I wrong?

We are using our squid server to connect and download from ftp sites,
and this works fine. From the browser ftp://ftp.redhat.com is able to
show the directories and files, and the users only have to click on the
file they want. If the site needs a username they use
ftp://user:password@site.com and it works.

Kamalan Govender
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
Postal Address: Private Bag 3, WITS, 2050, South Africa
Telephone: +27-(0)11-717-1671
Fax: +27-(0)11-339-1225
Web-site: www.wits.ac.za