Re: [squid-users] FTP upload thrugh browser

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 01:30:03 +0200

On Monday 27 May 2002 15:03, Kamalan Govender wrote:
> Hi all. I was asked if it is possible for a web broswer to be used
> to upload data to an ftp server. I said no, a ftp program needs to
> be used, but is there some way that can be done? Am I wrong?

Uploading files is fully possible if using a browser who is smart
enough to understand that one can actually PUT files to a FTP URL
when using a proxy.. but the support for this is pretty sad looking

  * Netscape 4.X knows.. just open a directory with a URL ending in /
and then select "File -> Upload" to upload a file.

  * IE X.Y does not seem to know...

  * Netscape 6.X seems to have forgotten what Netscape 4.x knew..

  * KDE Konqueror does not seem to know.. (not even without proxy)

  * Lynx do not seem to know... (not even without proxy)

  * Links do not seem to know.. (not even without proxy)

I don't know the status of other browsers such as Opera or Mozilla..

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/