[squid-users] tuning cache and refresh

From: proxyadmin <proxyadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 16:17:31 +0200

I have two questions
1°) to have relation beetwen two squid for cache , i add the line :
cache_peer squid_parent parent 3128 3130
and never_direct allow all

in the squid.conf of the squid that are the children
and nothing in the squid.conf of the squid_parent

But my purpose is not using the parent_cache indefinitely , but the first
time and for the following requests on the same url i want to use the
children cache ( which are closer to considered clients ) .

2°) When the server which are behind the parent_cache are updated , i want
to propagate the update on my differents caches quickly ( i think that the
parameter to activate is the refresh_pattern ) .

I am interested by any clue or squid.conf example .
Thank you very much

Guilhem michel ( Ministere des Finances - France )