Re: [squid-users] squid on Red Hat 7.0

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 01:08:21 +0200

The "subsys locked" thingy is a RedHat bug.. I think you can get
around it by running "/etc/rc.d/init.d/squid stop", if not you will
need to manually remove the RedHat lock file from /var/lock/subsys/

"segmentation fault" quite likely is a Squid bug. Start by upgrading
to a more current Squid version. You really should not be using a
version as old as 2.3.STABLE4 these days..

On Monday 27 May 2002 12:32, tsibir wrote:
> Hi all
> I have problem with squid 2.3.Stable-4.1 'runnig' on Red Hat Linux
> 7.0 After installing-it runs only for 5-10 minutes after what
> writes squid dead but subsys locked
> segmentation fault core dumped
> And don`t run on that machine any more since I reinstalled Linux
> and everything begins from the beginning.
> I have found nothing in any logs.
> Thank you
> mailto:tsibir@mail.ru

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/