Re: [squid-users] cacheNumObjCount - Disk cache or memory?

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 01:51:42 +0200

On Monday 27 May 2002 19:07, Cliff wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> The squid MIB is not specific about this.
>
> Is cacheNumObjCount the number of cached items in the disk cache?

Total number of unique objects known by Squid.

> If so, then MRTG should be told to assume the last known value if
> the cache is down because even though the squid box was turned off
> those items are still sitting on the disk?

Depends on your taste, but I would guess such configuration makes
sense... or to have it plot "nothing". See the MRTG documentation for
a reasonable discussion on why/when to select "nothing" and when
to select to repeat the last value when no data can be collected.

Only remember that it is a gauge, not a counter..

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/