Re: [squid-users] ntlm authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:29:16 +0200

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 15:54, Marcin - ONET wrote:
> I have only one "easy for you" question.
> I configure squid like this:
> /configure --prefix=/usr \
> --exec-prefix=/usr \
> --bindir=/usr/bin \
> --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
> --libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid \
> --sysconfdir=/etc \
> --localstatedir=/var/spool/squid \
> --enable-delay-pools \
> --enable-auth=ntlm,basic \
> --enable-useragent-log \

You should also include which auth helpers you want to build...

> auth_param ntlm program /home/squid/ntlm_auth -d domain/pdc

Note: auth helpers are installed in libexecdir...

> it is a complete step-by-step description for all users who want to
> use ntlm auth. it's working very good, but my question is: in this
> case all domain users have access to www, but how can I make it
> only for a domain group i.e. www_users or a list of usernames
> listed in file. pls help

By using the proxy_auth acl type.

acl group1 proxy_auth "/path/to/file"

where the file lists all users who are members of group1, one per
line.

You can also list the users in squid.conf if you like...

acl group2 proxy_auth user1 user2 user3 user4 ...