Re: [squid-users] increasing the priority of squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 00:00:43 +0200

Up to you where you do it. /etc/init.d/squid is not part of Squid, it
is a custom script provided by RedHat as part of their integration.
If you make a nice integration of nice values into RedHat's init.d
scripts they quite likely will accept it as a contribution if given a
reason why it is a good idea..

I still don't understand why you want to give more priority to Squid.
Should not be needed on a normal system, and can prove to be quite
disardous if there ever is a problem with Squid.. Why one wants to
give less priority to Squid I understand, but not more..

Note: snice -10 or renice -10 is not the same thing as nice -10..
snice -10 is nice --10. See the nice manual. (yes, whoever came up
with these syntaxes must have been heavily toxicated)