[squid-users] re : cache tree structure

From: proxyadmin <proxyadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:37:41 +0200

Why ? it is a good question .
I have 60.000 users which are on 4.000 places .
This places are organized on a hierarchical strucure
like this :
                    |_|
                   / \
                |_| |_|
               / / \
            |_| |_| |_|
The purpose is to reduce the trafic inside my network , for all the requests
( intranet , internet ) even if the caches are partially redundant ( but i
wish that this redundancy are organized ) .
Only the first squid is allowed to pass the firewall but i hoped that the
cache's operation was the following
The first request is transfered on the parent , the parent find on his cache
or go to the server to get the request .
When this request is done for the second time , i hoped that the cache of
the children can find this in his own cache .
I know , it is not very rational because the request are duplicated on two
caches , but this manner reduce the trafic .
Is it possible to proceed like this , or my question is a stupid question
 i'm a stupid guy , i know ;-)