RE: [squid-users] Problem with HTTP Header UserAgent

From: Bob Whitley <Bob.Whitley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:19:08 -0700

Thanks Henrik!

I'm not familiar with Squid at all, but I did find the following excerpt of
information that sounds exactly like what you are talking about:

Tag Name: anonymize_headers

Usage: anonymize_headers allow|deny header_name ...

This option replaces the old 'http_anonymizer' option with something that is
much more configurable. You may now specify exactly which headers are to be
allowed, or which are to be removed from outgoing requests.
There are two methods of using this option. You may either allow specific
headers (thus denying all others), or you may deny specific headers (thus
allowing all others).

For example, to achieve the same behavior as the old 'http_anonymizer
standard' option, you should use:
anonymize_headers deny From Referer Server
anonymize_headers deny User-Agent WWW-Authenticate Link

Am I correct in guessing that this is the setting that needs to be changed
to enable the User-Agent HTTP header?

Thanks for your help,
Bob