Re: [squid-users] Problem with HTTP Header UserAgent

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:54:43 +0200

What I am saying is that it is possible the administrator of the Squid
server has enabled this anonymization feature, to explicitly NOT forward
the user-agent header for privacy reasons. This is not something that is
done by default, bot some administrators enable these anonymization
features to increas the privacy of their users, including not telling
the Internet what kind of browser and operating system they are using.

If he has, and now wants to forward the User-agent header, then the
configuration of this directive will need to be changed to reflect the
new desires.