[squid-users] Peace of mind

From: Samuel Rausch <dariantepes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:46:41 -0400

It's hard to admit but I'm a newbie here. I've been toying with Linux for
about a year and I've never touched Squid in my life. I've got a few C
programming classes under my belt but I'm not a developer by any standard.
I'm getting ready to jump in head first by installing a Linux server on my
network with ETInc Bandwidth Manager and Squid and I'm scared as hell. The
BW manager is pretty simple so I'll muddle my way through that but Squid
will be my first time implimenting open source software on my own.

What I'm looking for is some reassurance that I'm not getting in over my
head. I'm gonna be relying on this thing to do some serious work for me and
if I can't get a handle on it pretty quick, I'm gonna be screwed. Let me
know I'm not out of my mind please...

-Sam