[squid-users] 2.5pre7 transparent proxy and authentication via Microsoft's Internet Explorer

From: Madhav Diwan <mdiwan@dont-contact.us>
Date: 30 May 2002 14:06:21 -0400

Thanks Henrik, i rather thought that there was little i could do about
the redirect from the server.

I have another question , this one involves the transparent proxy and
authentication via Microsoft's Internet Explorer.

 If I try to login in to my outlook web access ( Exchange 2000 , with a
external server as a active directory domain controller) via transparent
proxy using Netscape :

 http://squidecacheaddy/exchange

 I get a user name and password fields,

 If i try from MSIE i get a user name, password, and domain name fields.
I cannot seem to login using IE , it asks three times and then I get
rejected. The domain name field can be empty or correct , it still does
not authenticate.

But the Netscape, Mozilla, and Opera browsers all work fine, none of
these ever give me a domain name field to fill out.

Is this something anyone has solved before?

Would enabling squid to anonymize me help me out here .. IE the fact
that I am using Internet Explorer could be concealed and maybe I would
get though properly? Or does anonymizing not work with transparent
proxy?

Thanks

Madhav