[squid-users] Re: 2.5pre7 transparent proxy and authentication via Microsoft's Internet Explorer

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:25:10 +0200

This is a know misfeature when MS NTLM authentication is enabled on Internet
servers.. Squid and other HTTP compliand proxes needs to be taught that NTLM
authentication is not HTTP compliant and cannot be proxied (not even by MS
Proxy), and to remove ntlm from the list of available authentication shemes
proposed by proxied servers...

Thankfully only MS IE implements MS NTLM authentication.. And current
versions automatically disable the use of NTLM when configured to use a proxy.