Re: [squid-users] Authentication problem

From: Felipe Machado Cardoso <cicrano@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:16:58 -0300 (ART)

The effective_user of Squid do not have permission to
read this file.

In my distribution, the name of the Squid user is
'proxy'.

- Remove the authentication from your configuration;
- run Squid
- then 'ps aux' and find what user is running Squid.
- give the necessary (reader) permission to that user.

Hope this help,

Felipe --- Hamed Abangar <h_abangar@yahoo.com>