Re: [squid-users] how to enable ftp logging?

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:44:53 +0200

Timo Schoeler wrote:

> hello list,
>
> having *big trouble* with one of our customers
> behind/using our squids (mainly for sec reasons) i wonder
> how to enable ftp logging. normal http connects work very
> well, ftp is nearly impossible (but only for this
> customer, the rest of our customers including ourselves
> enjoy squid every single second ;) -- so i'd like to solve
> this problem by logging and analyzing... since i'm quite
> sure that it's *not* the squid machines making these
> troubles.
>
> any hints?

 Ftp should be nearly impossible, meaning in detail that SQUID
 can not be a proxy for native ftp clients.
 It does support ftp url's 'launched' from browsers.

 In that context the question may be : what is your particular
 customer trying to do ?
 If he expects to use an ftp client in combination with SQUID, then
 this will simply not work.

 M.