[squid-users] Vija - squid dns error

From: Vijay Kumar <vramnarayan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:20:01 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to configure Squid on port 8080 on a mchine which has dual
network cards with two diffrenet IP's
( one internal and one External ). RedhAt 7.0 with 2.2.16 Kernel.
I have enabled forwarding between the two cards. When I change the browser
settings in the client machine to
the squid's machines IP Address with the port 8080 , I get a dns error.
I have also confgured a caching dns server.

Do I need to set up IPCHAINS / IPTABLES in this machine to redirect the
conection attempts made on 8080 to 80 on the
other card with the external IP ?
Can squid be configured without any firewall settings.

I am a bit confused right now. Could anyone help me get the basics right ?
Any specific url's ?

If I have to use IpChains Redirection , then will this kernel support it?

Thank You,

Warm Regards,
Vijay.