Re: [squid-users] speeding up response

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 08:46:16 -0500

You're figuring wrong. ;-)

Squid does not wait until an object is fully cached before beginning to
send it to the client, and it also has no conception of a "web page".
It fetches what the browser asks it to, when it asks it to. Is this
behavior specific to one particular page and/or browser?

Did you check to be sure DNS resolution is fast using the cache manager
as I suggested? (This may not be the problem you're seeing, but it is
the first thing to check.)

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.