[squid-users] tcp_outgoing_address problem, pls help!

From: Rosen Petkov <sense_net@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 16:51:25 +0300 (EEST)

  Hello All,

  I have problem with Squid tcp_outgoing_address: I can access
Internet in two ways, directly from eth1 (default gateway) and
through VPN server that is located far away from me and is accessed
through VPN over Internet. I have setup Squid correcty and is working
fine except for some sites. I have - tcp_outgoing_address 172.xxx.xxx.xxx
in squid.conf but for some sites Squid makes first request to destination
web server through VPN and then all data exchanged between Squid and
destination web server is directly through eth1 (default gateway) not
over VPN. Can someone give me advise how to setup Squid always to use
VPN and not to use eth1 (default gateway) for exchanging data with
web servers.
  Many thanks in advance.

p.s. hope this diagram explain my routing.

     +---------+ +------------+
     |Internet |<--| VPN server |
     +---------+ +------------+
          ^