Re: [squid-users] tcp_outgoing_address problem, pls help!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 18:09:44 +0200

This smells like a routing problem rather than a Squid problem. Squd
can only control which IP address it will select for connections
Squid makes, not how traffic will be routed.

Normally there is no need to use tcp_outgoing_address, as in 99% of
all correct host setups the host OS will pick the correct IP address.
This is true even in precense of VPN connections.

Only if you want Squid to behave differently than other traffic
initiated by your host you need to set tcp_outgoing_address.