[squid-users] Squid configuration and download programs (FlashGet e.g.)

From: Oleksandr Darchuk <o.darchuk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:46:35 +0300

Hi.
I'm not advanced in squid configuration, so may be anyone can give me advice.
I have a few delay-pools on my squid. And it really works (I check it using
FTP client, etc.) But when user start downloader (especially FlashGet),
channel go down -- input traffic is more than delay poll :( Looks like
downloader eat my traffic :(( I think that FlashGet create more requests for
receiving data from host, and host sand data to my squid-server. Incoming
data dropped by delay pool, but between squid and Internet I receive a lot of
them (like flood) May be I'm not right, by I have very sad experoiece in war
with unlimited downloader. So, I, is it possible to solve problem like mine?
It's it possible to deni\y acess to squid from FlashGet or other
downloaders? I try to buil "acl" based on "http-agent", but downloader can
lie.