Re: [squid-users] acl max_user_ip / authenticate_ip_ttl in squid 2.5pre7

From: Marco Berizzi <pupilla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:00:04 +0200

>From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
>To: Marco Berizzi <pupilla@hotmail.com>
>CC: squid-users@squid-cache.org
>Subject: Re: [squid-users] acl max_user_ip / authenticate_ip_ttl in squid
>2.5pre7
>Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:52:56 +0200
>
>Marco Berizzi wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying Squid 2.5pre7
> > This is from my squid.conf
> >
> > authenticate_ip_ttl 10800 seconds
> >
> > acl cool max_user_ip 1
> >
> > http_access deny cool
>

> > XXX aclMatchUserMaxIP returned 0, somebody make sure
> > the username gets logged to access.log
> > XXX if it works, tell dewvelopers to remove this message
>
>So did it?

No. Currently in access.log I don't see any message
about this. My debug_options is debug_options ALL,1

> > This message appear only if squid auth. the user with
> > basic auth. I had tried to access the internet from
> > one machine with IE (so I was validated with NTLM) and
> > one other machine with Opera (so I was validated with
> > basic) and the above message didn't appear.
> > I would like if this a know problem because I'm using
> > a pre-release squid version.
>
>I think the max_user_ip acl only works per scheme. I don't think it
>knows that the user using both NTLM and Basic is the same user..

Yes, you think good. But my squid.conf contain:

authenticate_ip_ttl 10800 seconds

This morning I have tried to login from two different NT workstation.
I can browse the internet (IE5.x,6) from both altenatively. I press
the refresh button twice and I can browse the internet from wks X,
then I try from wks Y and I get access denied, I press refresh twice
and voila. This shouldn't happens because I have set the
authenticate_ip_ttl to three hours. Am I doing anything wrong?
This option is working well with Squid24S6.
It seem to me the option authenticate_ip_ttl isn't working
properly.