Re: [squid-users] acl max_user_ip / authenticate_ip_ttl in squid 2.5pre7

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:42:21 +0200

Marco Berizzi wrote:

> > > XXX aclMatchUserMaxIP returned 0, somebody make sure
> > > the username gets logged to access.log
> > > XXX if it works, tell dewvelopers to remove this message
> >
> >So did it?
>
> No. Currently in access.log I don't see any message
> about this. My debug_options is debug_options ALL,1

debug_options has nothing to do with access.log.

If you see the above message, then there SHOULD be a corresponding request
logged in access.log, and if everything is working the way it should it
should be a TCP_DENIED/401 (or maybe TCP_DENIED/407) with a username logged.

> This morning I have tried to login from two different NT workstation.
> I can browse the internet (IE5.x,6) from both altenatively. I press
> the refresh button twice and I can browse the internet from wks X,
> then I try from wks Y and I get access denied, I press refresh twice
> and voila. This shouldn't happens because I have set the
> authenticate_ip_ttl to three hours. Am I doing anything wrong?
> This option is working well with Squid24S6.
> It seem to me the option authenticate_ip_ttl isn't working
> properly.

authenticate_ip_ttl seems to work just the way it should from what you
describe, but maybe max_user_ip is not working...

authenticate_ip_ttl alone will just make it annoying to browse from more than
one station. Combined with max_user_ip it should be impossible to browse from
more than one station.