Re: [squid-users] speeding up response

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:58:08 +0100 (BST)

the /etc/resolv.conf file i am referring to is the
Linux system file.. which has your DNS server
entries.. ideally, the order of DNS servers in your
/etc/resolv.conf file should be the same as that in
your Windows DNS client config....

about your speed, how much bandwidth do you have to
the Internet...... up and down... and how much of that
has squid been assigned.....?...

another thing, how many users do you have?.. the more
users u have using your squid, the faster it will get
as more and more common objects will be stored in your
cache... depending on the number of users, your squid
will grow faster and faster with time... if u have
fewer users, please increase your reference_age
directive to something higher, so u can store your
objects for a longer period...

also, look at the maximum_object_size directive and
see what works best for u...

good luck..

AKNIT

Mark pointed out: