Re: [squid-users] cache_dir

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:03:29 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

How to work it out.

12GB = 12 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024 bytes

With 256 second level directories (each with 256 entries) and an average
object size of 13kBytes and a safety fatcor of 2, I get

12*1024*1024*1024*2 12*4*4*2 384
------------------- = -------- = ---
13*1024*256*256 13 13

which is somewhere around 30. I'd have to say, use 28 like swelltech told
you to or use 30. However, 16 isn't enough.

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Atul Aneja wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I set a caching server for 12GB of cache size.
>
> When i calculate the first level of cache sub directory (caclculation
> model from swelltech site) i got 28 first level directory.
>
> Can i give this 28 as first level of directory or i should not give
> more that 16 as given in default value.

Colin