Re: [squid-users] cache_dir

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:14:30 +0200

On Thursday 13 June 2002 08:03, Colin Campbell wrote:

> which is somewhere around 30. I'd have to say, use 28 like
> swelltech told you to or use 30. However, 16 isn't enough.

Note that it is not like that you will be bitten bad if this parameter
is wrong.

If L1 is too large then the only negative impact is a slightly
increased usage of inodes (256 per extra L1 directory, not a great
deal)

If L1 is too small the negative impact may be a slightly degraded
performance, but probably barely noticeable..