Re: [squid-users] RE: (Squid-users) Anybody know what this means???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:05:07 +0200

On Thursday 13 June 2002 21:47, Squid wrote:
> Here I will reply to myself...
> I ran out of disk space....my log files were each over 100Megs
> each... and this is on a test mechine with one user...
>
> Here is some more info...Redhat 7.3 on an old 200 mhz machine...
>
> Any Ideas on how to limit the log size...or even why a text log is
> this big...

Which of the logs are we talking about here?

  access.log
  cache.log
  store.log
  squid.out
  swap.state

If your problem is access.log or swap.state then the general answer is
to set up log rotation to periodically rotate your logs to trim them
in size.

If your problem is cache.log then investigate why you are getting that
much logged in cache.log. Normally very little is logged there unless
there is a problem that requires attention.

If your problem is squid.out then don't use RunCache.

If your problem is store.log and you are not using store.log (most are
not) then don't enable store.log in squid.conf..