Re: [squid-users] Squid+transparent proxy - Firewall Issues

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:02:01 +0200

With such a restrictive default policy there is many rules you will
need to add for allowing any traffic. This is a question on
firewalling, not transparent proxying. The rules for redirecting the
traffic to your transparent proxy is correct, but your firewalling
policy do not allow this server to send or receive any packets.

If your intention is not to also run a firewall then have the default
policies all set to ACCEPT. If your intention is to also have a
firewall ruleset then you need to make such a ruleset, setting
everything to DENY/REJECT is a too far effective firewalling.