Re: [squid-users] idnsCheckQueue: ID 5747: giving up after 17 tries

From: Wei Keong <chooweikeong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:10:24 +0800

> We have had some problems in the past with certain DNS servers, but I
> think all those problems are gone now.
>
> One thing to consider is that the internal DNS client behaves a little
> different from the system DNS resolver. The biggest difference is
> perhaps that queries are distributed on all your configured DNS servers,
> not only the first.
>
> Did you make any changes to your DNS infrastructure when the problem
> started?

No, we did not make any changes to the infrastructure. The squid & dns have
been running smoothly for more than a month. A possible explaination is the
packets drop (due to faulty cable) has caused overflow in the internal dns
queue... Our immediate action was to recompile squid with internal dnsserver
disabled. Probably, recompiling squid (with internal dns) might have also
solved the problem...

Rgds,
Wei Keong