Re: [squid-users] Squid as an accelerator for Apache -- security question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:55:02 +0200

Not entirely sure, but probably it will shield the server. It depends
on how Apache reacts to a chunked request encoded as a HTTP/1.0
request (this is also using content-length). Without content-length
the request won't get past Squid, and Squid will set the HTTP version
to HTTP/1.0.

It will in any case surely stop all script kiddies however as these
are extremely unlikely to tailor the request in such manner that it
might get past Squid.