Re: [squid-users] Proxy server with authentication by squid.

From: Prabu Subroto <prabusubroto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:26:20 -0700 (PDT)

I am using SuSE 8 Package.

This what I've configured on my Squid server :
"
acl internet proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow internet
authenticate_program /usr/sbin/ncsa_auth /etc/passwd
"
then I made one user account with YaST and the name of
the account is "internet".

But it still doesn't run properly because after my LAN
users type-in the user (internet) & its password, than
the user&password prompt will come again and again.

Is it because ncsa_auth can not read the encryption of
password between 'passwd' file and 'shadow' file ?
Should I make its own passwd file for Squid ? But how
?

Thank you very much.