Re: [squid-users] squid accel q

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:59:29 +0200

On Thursday 27 June 2002 10.08, Bgs himself wrote:

> 1) Why do I have an IP instead of the original URL in the request ?

Probably because you told Squid to use the IP and not the host name.
Review your httpd_accel_* settings.

> 2) Accel is switched on, but if I telnel to port 80 and issue a
> simple "GET http://...." command, squid wait for the (proxy)
> headers as well and sends me an Invalid Request message. Isn't
> squid supposed to handle these commands when in accel mode ?

Squid does not accept "HTTP/0.9" requests. Requests must be formatted
as a HTTP/1.X request (typically HTTP/1.0)

If Squid accepts a full URL or not in the requests depends on your
httpd_accel_* settings. Review your settings.